When I saw this article about how you can get paid to travel the world, I knew I had to check it. I started traveling in 2010 but I traveled regularly since 2014. As someone who is able to work anywhere in the world as long as there is internet connection, I’m always interested to find other ways on how I can support my travels.
I love how the article started, “Travelling the world is a dream for many people“. I’m definitely one of those people. I traveled outside the country for the first time to Vietnam and Cambodia back in 2010 with my mom and family friends. But I didn’t developed my love for traveling until I came back to Vietnam and Cambodia in 2011.
I started doing online jobs in January 2011 and I didn’t stop since then. I have taken volunteer work as a nurse, since I am still a Registered Nurse, once in a while but I don’t really see myself working in a hospital as a nurse in a long period of time. I have worked with doctors and other medical professionals as their project, marketing and social media manager in the digital world. I love science and I love the medical field that’s why I love working with them.
But I didn’t restrict myself to working with medical professionals only. As a woman, I love fashion, makeup and everything about beauty so I use that to work with fashion brands and designers. As someone who has a passion for design and social media marketing, I use that to work with various startups and companies as a content and social media manager.
I love challenging myself so I work in different fields. I love learning new stuff so I like to take on new tasks. If somebody asks me how I was able to maintain this lifestyle, I could say that it is my love for freedom that pushes me to live this life.
I can work where and when I want. I can check emails while I’m having cocktails at the beach. I can design images and pages while I’m waiting for my next flight. I can write a 1000-word article while on a 7-hour flight to Australia. The perks are endless! I know there are cons too but I choose to focus on the benefits of having this lifestyle.
If you’re like me who loves to travel and get paid, here are thirteen ways you can earn money to travel the world:
- Teach your native language both online or offline. English is probably the most popular language especially in Southeast Asia but there are some demands of other languages too.
- Be a researcher. I just finished a researching job for a medical professional and I highly suggest this job to those who are still starting to work online.
- Instagram influencers get paid a lot depending on their follower count and how huge their “influence” is. If you have a strong following in your social media accounts, you can market your social media profiles and attract advertisers.
- Flight attendants get to travel the world and most of all, they have a pretty nice salary. Not to mention they can be in different cities in short periods of time.
- Be a travel writer. I would love to work as a travel writer for a magazine someday. This would be a dream come true for me. This is one of the reasons why I started my travel blog to be able to use it as a portfolio when I apply as a travel writer. 🙂
- Buy and sell. Whenever you go to a different country, you can buy some stuff that you can sell back home. Now, don’t get yourself into trouble and buy tons of stuff, just the allowed amount or number of pieces you can bring to your country.
- Work online. There are so many online jobs you can do today so pick a couple of websites and sign up as a start. Once you have a regular income stream, you can pack your bags and start traveling!
- Work in a cruise ship. I don’t want to work in a cruise ship however, I want to join a cruise. I’m not sure how well I’ll enjoy since I get sea sick perhaps I need to join one soon so I’ll know and I can write about it.
- If you have one country that you really, really love, then be a tour guide. You can also work in a tour company and be a tour guide to different countries. Seriously, how cool is that?
- Start your own travel blog. If you decide to be a travel blogger, make sure you give it your all so you can earn enough (or more) to fund your travels. It takes time and hard work but it’s totally worth it once the money starts rolling in.
- Apply as an Au Pair abroad. If you search google for au pair jobs, you will find a couple of trusted websites that you can sign up on and start your application.
- Take your passion for photography to a whole new level. Destination wedding photographer is an in-demand career and the demand is growing more and more in the coming years. If you are not into weddings, you can be a freelance photographer and accept gigs from different cities.
- Write an eBook. A lot of bloggers produce their own eBook and gain profit from it. If you love to write, you can start writing eBooks and sell them in sites like Amazon or in your own website.
Start a Patreon page!
Have you thought about starting a Patreon page? You definitely should!
Every month, I get a regular source of income from supporters who’ve pledged to me through Patreon. Having their ongoing support means I spend less time thinking about earning money, and more time creating.
Also, if you use this invite to sign up and launch your Patreon page, we’ll both earn bonuses as supporters pledge to you. Sign up here: https://patreon.com/invite/gjmlyk.