Woot woot! Guess who got her Top Rated Plus badge?
I wasn’t really aiming for this badge as long as I land contracts but here I am, *blessed* with the Top Rated Plus Badge.
Looking back, I’ve come a long way from being a struggling nursing graduate who has no idea about marketing or creating content to working in Marketing Agencies and deal with content and growth every day.
These profile badges are new on UpWork and I didn’t have the slightest idea what they’re about until I received mine.
According to the UpWork website, “Top Rated Plus highlights freelancers and agencies who consistently perform on large contracts at the highest level. They stand out by delivering premium quality on high-budget or long-term jobs.
This talent offers Top Rated quality with some of Upwork’s largest contracts in their given field.”
Benefits of being a Top Rated Plus Freelancer on UpWork
As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you’ll have a dedicated badge on your freelancer, agency, or agency member’s profile and proposals that displays to Upwork clients on a paid plan (Enterprise, Business, and some Plus clients). You’ll also get the following benefits.
- Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs
- More control over your Job Success Score
- Invitations to submit proposals to jobs assisted by Talent Specialists
- Our Job Digest email to make it easier for you to find jobs that are a great match
- Faster payments on hourly contracts
- Premium customer support, including phone and chat
Personal experience: After becoming a Top Rated Plus Freelancer, I received way more job invitations than I ever did when I was still a Top Rated Freelancer. There was a time when my invitations were more than 20.
How To Become A Top Rated Plus Freelancer
“You earn Top Rated Plus status by building an impressive reputation on Upwork with large and long-term contracts. As with Top Rated status, you must have a proven history of success with multiple clients, delight your clients with your work every time, and contribute to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of Service.”
They also have a criteria on how you become a Top Rated Plus Freelancer:
Top Rated Plus must have the following qualifications:
- Total earnings over $10,000 in the past 12 months
- Agencies have total earnings over $20,000 in the past 12 months
- Worked or working on one or more large* contracts in the past 12 months without negative outcomes (<10% for agencies)
- Freelancer must not be an Exclusive Agency contractor
I have been on UpWork (oDesk then) since 2011 and a lot has changed in the platform. I’m excited for the Free Connects (new feature) that they will give us as I did spend a lot of money back when I was still looking for work at the start of the pandemic.
Want to start working online? Sign up to be a freelancer on www.upwork.com now! ☺️
Read more about How To Be A Top Rated Plus Freelancer here: https://www.support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050417233-Top-Rated-Plus.