I’ve been doing a lot of research on how to make money blogging because I want to increase my income from my blogs (spicyscribbler) and this one. I have my Spicy Scribbler blog for a few years now and I make income from Sponsored Posts.
I’ve been working online since 2011 but I didn’t really focus on my blogs. I started a lot of blogs but only kept SpicyScribbler and this one. I could go on months without posting a single article since I also use it as a portfolio when any potential clients want to see my work. That was my main purpose of creating the blogs. I wanted to earn from it but I didn’t do the steps to get me there.
Now I want to change it.
I have read that a lot of bloggers earn a full-time income with their blogs and I want to be like them. I want to be able to earn from it so I don’t have to worry whenever one of my contracts end.
It’s my dream to travel the whole world and having a healthy income from my blogs would mean I will be able to fulfil that sooner than later.
I follow a lot of blogs so I compiled the best tips I found.
My favorite tips from the blogs I follow
“It takes a lot of hours per week to build and maintain a quality blog. It also takes many months of blogging before you will see income from it. I tell new bloggers to allow 3-6 months to make a decent part-time income and 1-2 years to make a consistent full-time income. There are always exceptions of course, but after being active in the blogging world for almost 14 years, these are reasonable averages.” – Amy Lynn Andrews
“The key with creating content is to make it as useful as possible. Focus upon creating content that changes people’s lives in some way will be the type of content that people will value the most and it will help people to feel like they know, like and trust you – which is really important if you later want to make money from your blog.” – ProBlogger
“The more subscribers you get, the more money you make. Granted, your relationship with your subscribers and the quality of your products or services and dozens of other factors still matter, but to drive revenue, focus on email list growth. To make money blogging, it’s absolutely essential.” – Smartblogger
“No matter how great your articles are no one is going to know about them unless you take time to promote your blog.” – Make A Website Hub
“Working with advertising networks isn’t your only option when it comes to selling ads. If you end up with enough traffic, advertisers may come directly to you and ask you to place their ad on your site. You can also contact advertisers yourself. The biggest difference from the above mentioned option is that there is no middle man, which means you can set your own ad rates.” – Blogging Basics 101
“I avoided putting a specific dollar figure on the amount you can make from blogging. It will come down to your work ethic, your skills as a writer, your ability to generate targeted traffic, and plain old good luck. It’s a bit like baseball: everyone played it as a kid, only a small fraction make it to college ball, an even smaller number become professional, but only the cream of the crop makes it to the majors.” – The Balance
How I applied these tips to my blogging strategy
1. I started to put in more hours on my blogs and treat it like work. Even though I still don’t write every day, I always to try publish a post at least once a week.
2. I joined groups on social networks in order to connect with like-minded people and increase my network. I always try to keep in mind that the quality of the relationships I build is always better than the quantity.
3. I don’t usually share my blog posts and when I came across that tip from Make A Website Hub, I knew I had to start promoting it. When I shared one of my articles on my profile, two of my friends enjoyed reading it and they shared it on their profiles too. That honestly felt good.
4. Another promotion I did was share the articles on Pinterest. And I don’t just share it. I create a graphic mainly for Pinterest to make it aesthetically beautiful.
5. I started sharing my articles on Stumbleupon and so far my articles are getting around 300+ more views. It’s a great start.
6. I just started my digital store Bosslady Teemill where I sell shirts and hoodies. It’s another income stream that I’m focusing on marketing now as well.
Now all i have to do is continue what I’m doing and stay posted for the results!