“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die tomorrow.” -Unknown
After reading Five Guiding Questions for Living Life to the Fullest, it inspired me to answer those 5 questions myself.
Today, I realized how far I’ve come from where I began. I was a thriving nursing graduate who didn’t knew much about life. I feared many, I was scared with what tomorrow brings and I was worrying about things that didn’t happen.
I was only doing volunteer jobs and ofcourse wasn’t earning anything. I was living under my parents roof and it made me sad that I’m not bringing any to the table after all the things they have done for me. Nursing school wasn’t cheap. But there weren’t many opportunities in my city. There were way too many nurses at that time and the employment rate was very low. Some of my colleagues took up another course, some started their own business and some got married. After almost a year of being unemployed, I knew I had to do something.
It was the new year and I decided if I can’t find a job the traditional way, then I’m gonna try it the other way. So I signed up on oDesk (now UpWork). And my life changed since then. I have traveled to other countries, faced a lot of fears I used to have and helped people which was one of my goals in life.
Fast forward today, I finished doing all my tasks at 3:44pm after following the #21earlydays challenge and now I’m writing this post while switching between Asian Food Channel: Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course and HBO Hits: Beowulf. Life’s great 🙂
Meanwhile, here are the five questions to know if you’re living your life to the fullest.
Imagine this is the end of your life… What would you like to have said to the world?
- Life is beautiful, don’t let bad experiences, situations, people and memories stop you from living your life to the fullest.
- Take life one day at a time. Time may not heal all the wounds but it will make things easier as you get stronger.
- There’s always a choice. At times you might feel like you don’t have a choice but no, there’s always a choice. Always.
- Joy really does come in the morning.
- If you want to know yourself more, just travel more.
- Love and spend time with your parents, they won’t be there forever.
- Always be true to yourself. Don’t live your life to please others.
- Find out what you’re passionate about and make an income out of it. You’ll never have to work a day in your life.
What does the world need?
- More love, peace, great food, spices, days in the beach, holidays, engaging video games, great relationships, desserts, chocolate, travel, honesty, organic food, gardens, friendships, trees, Philanthropists, meditation, yoga, exercise, inventions, loyalty, faith.
What are your greatest fears?
- That I am not living my life to the fullest
- That I will be alone
- That the world won’t be a better place
- That there will be more wars than peace
- That I won’t be able to give my family the beautiful life they deserve
- That there won’t be enough chocolate for everyone
- That I will ran out of gameplays to watch
What do you want more of?
- Same as my answer in #2 but perhaps more travels, cooking food, swimming in the ocean, island hopping, tasting food in every country, more positive-minded people, more success, more entrepreneurs, innovative businesses, poetry, books, inspirations, more grateful people, faster internet connection.
What inspires you?
- My family, friendships, poetry, successful people, people who failed but never gave up, people who started from nothing and became everything, chefs, travel, good food, cold wine, people who make me think, writing, soulful movies, books, articles, stories, walking, waking up early, doing yoga, meditating and reading